Because sleep is essential, whatever way you feel most comfortable and can get a good night’s sleep is the best! Sometimes, laying in one position all night could cause a leak in that direction, so preventing leaks can definitely help with that.
Here are some other tips that I have found helpful for a good sleep:
1. One of the most important things that will help you sleep well on your period is making sure your protection is adequate. Those nighttime pads do seem bulky, but they can be helpful at preventing leaks.
2. Wear good fitting PJs. Baggy pajamas tend to allow your protection to slip around. If you like to wear a nightgown or a t-shirt, wear some cotton bike shorts over your undies might help if you have a problem with leaks.
3. Keep the temperature comfortable. Too hot or too cold does not set you up for good sleep.
4. Turn off the music or TV. Even though these might help some people fall asleep, they keep you from getting into a good sleep pattern.
5. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Both can keep you from getting a good night’s sleep.